How To Make A Hydrating Acai Facial
If you're on Instagram, then you're probably no stranger to the world of acai bowls. Just explore #acai on Insta, and a sea of purple creations emerges. Whether you're a part of this trend or still new to it, the power of acai is undeniable and its popularity is well deserved. But did you know you can add this superfood to your skincare routine with a brightening facial that boasts amazing anti-aging results, too?
Grown on palm trees in the rainforests of the Amazon, acai berries are packed with nutrients, including antioxidants, fiber, vitamins A, C & E, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. The reddish-purple, small, round fruit is usually consumed in pill, supplement, juice or powder form. However, when selecting an acai product, make sure it’s pure, without added sugars and preservatives.
General Health Benefits
The pleasantly tart fruit only recently reached superfood status (in the last decade) for its numerous nutrient-rich properties, making it the darling of the wellness community. Here are just a few of the general health benefits of acai:
- Aids in Weight Loss: Acai helps flush out a large amount of unwanted waste and toxins, which is key to healthy weight loss. The fibers in acai berries can also help boost your fat-burning metabolism.
- Helps Fight Cancer: The antioxidants, like anthocyanins, found in acai berries can reduce the growth of cancer cells in affected organs.
- Improves Mental Clarity: Containing omega-3 fatty acids, acai helps improve memory across all age groups. It can also help promote alertness and better concentration.
Consumption of acai berries also:
- Improves Overall Energy
- Improves Blood Flow
- Reduces Bad Cholesterol
- Contributes to Heart Health
How to Use Acai For Skincare: Moisturizing & Brightening Facial
With the high content of fatty acids in acai, it can make a beautifully hydrating and brightening facial that's also a natural treatment for acne.
- Combine ½ of a banana with 1 tablespoon pure, organic, non-GMO acai powder, creating a paste.
- Apply to clean skin in gentle circular motions, and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, pat dry and moisturize.
Instantly you will feel the polishing effects of the powder, and upon rinsing you will feel the supple moisture left behind by the fatty acids, revealing fresh, glowing skin. You can also add avocado to the mixture during the winter months for extra moisture.
Due to its popularity, you can now find acai in some of your favorite skincare products, such as the Kahina Antioxidant Mask, so start exploring how you can incorporate acai into your beauty routine today. You'll be amazed by the results!